At-Home Tiki Market
Online Marketplace, Art Fair & Poly-Pop Shopping Extravaganza!
The At-Home Tiki Market is a way for us to keep tiki artists & vendors actively selling while we’re all in a coronavirus-induced lockdown.
This is meant to be a virtual tiki marketplace, an online art fair, and general way to present & promote the artists, craftspeople, vendors, and musicians who cater to the tiki community.
All are welcome to participate. Although this is being organized by the team that puts on the SHIPWRECKED event in Los Angeles – it is NOT limited to any particular locale, regions, state or even country. All we ask is that your primary focus is in the realm of “tiki” art, products, or work and that you’re more of the individual/small-business type (vs. a company who already has a national presence).
- The (current) plan is to have this live in the next couple of weeks (as of this writing on 4/18). Participating vendors will be notified before the public launch so that they have have their promo codes active, promote the page on their own social accounts, tell their friends, etc. This is going to take some time to build out the page, enter each vendors info, edit their photos, etc. etc. But, I’ll go as fast as I can!
- Again: all are welcome. Just note that this is intended for individuals & small-businesses who vend at tiki events or who run their own, small shop. We will try to list everyone who fits the concept of the event – but, nothing is guaranteed.
- This is not date-specific. This is meant to be an on-going space to promote tiki artists & vendors during a time that none of us are able to participate in the events that make up the bulk of many people’s sales.
- It is FREE to participate in this. There will be no cost to be included in the virtual marketplace & there will be no fees attached to sales, etc.
(In the event that costs beyond our time, hosting space, & such become unsustainable, I’d address this with all participants – but the point is that this is meant to bring artists as many $$$ as possible.)
- You have to “Bring Your Own” method of selling. This will not be an ecommerce platform – it’ll be a promotional destination to hopefully reach a larger audience & promote your work.
- You should have something to sell. This is about getting money into the pockets of tiki artists – not just general promotion/advertising.
- Ideally, each vendor will have special discounts (or some unique addition to the sales) that can entice visitors to buy from them in this format.
- This will only succeed with the help of those participating. While there’s no cost to be listed, we do ask that you actively promote the ‘At-Home Tiki Market’ to ensure that we can the most number of supportive customers for our community.
Sample Tiki Market Listing
Sample description text here. This is just place-holding text to give you a sense of how the vendor description will look in a listing and a general idea of how long a description should be (which is to say: not that long – just enough to define what you sell/do to the viewer).
Special Tiki Market Offer:
Free shipping on orders over $50 with the promo code ATHOMETIKI
Follow Vendor Name:
Complete this Form to Participate in the At-Home Tiki Market